OBD-II Scanner capability

2015 Mercedes GLK350. Need to access motor electronics and “Enable engine start after crash event”. Is the Makerspace-Actron CP9575 capable? Is there another capable scanner available?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian,

The space has the capability to read, but not write. There are people associated with automotive that have the requisite hardware, however it’s not generally available. I used to have access to a Tech2, but also no longer.

I’ll let the others speak to availability of that hardware.

At this moment in time no.
The actron is as basic a code reader as it gets

I’ve been working with a local Autel tech rep and trying out their diagnostic tools. Great reviews. Local support. Ecu programming, adaptation, tpms, live data logging, etc etc oh and yes it will read codes too.

I’ve had a hand full of late night regulars offer to make a donation towards such a fantastic tool.

My biggest hesitation is training and security-until I spoke to Metal shop Jim the other night whilst helping him with his brakes.

2 Likes

TLAR,

Do you know of anyone that has a capable scanner and could help me out?

I know a few shops in the metro area but none of them are going to do it for the same price of your membership here at the Space.

Where are you located? (Relative to the Space)

Tim’s German Auto in Fort Worth on White Settlement

Bimmer Auto Care - on Midway road just south of Beltline . Guy’s name is Marlin, tiny shop.

Fifth Gear auto repair in Lewisville on Archer. Large state of the art garage.

1 Like

I’m in Coppell