Oak pieces interest and milling questions

Ahhhhh finally! Only took falling off the ladder a few times but my grandpa finally paid someone to cut it down.

Milling question, does the tree need to be cut all the way down for a milling person to come out? Grandpa is cheap and was going to leave the attached part up because it was an additional $300 for them to dispose of it.

So if i want the trunk i can have it. I however don’t have enough projects i want to do to justify milling and keeping the whole trunk. Would anyone want to go in with me on milling costs? Its like 40inches in diameter at its widest. (I would want maybe 2-3 round and like 2 longer pieces but that’s it at max)

Also is there any reason to keep the downed half in the picture?

I kinda need answers by 3pm tomorrow when they come back to finish the job if there is any reason to change the original plan. Otherwise the trunk remains standing and everything else leaves.

1 Like

Just an idea…

2 Likes

@Lloyd_Plum

1 Like

@Lloyd_Plum

The more I think about it. The more I think I want it milled. There are a couple projects I am really wanting to do now. Do you know the best way to dry and store it after cut?