Nozzle stopped extruding

So I started a print on my printer using OctoPi. Later when I came home, this is what I saw (attached). The printer was printing along if if nothing was wrong - except filament wasn’t being extruded.

The filament had broken (or got chewed up) by the dual-gear extruder.

The Boudin Tube appears to have filament in it which makes sense.

The extruder gears were both turning properly, so I don’t think it is a slipping extruder gear.

My questions: What caused the failure? What steps should I take to diagnose the situation?

My thoughts are: 1) Turn on the heat, make sure the nozzle is heating properly.
2) Disconnect Boudin Tube and remove remnant. Insert new filament and see if printer works.

Is there anything else I should do before Step 1 and before Step 2?

@Team_3D_Fab @maxk68

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Like

I have a Cr-10 MAx, which has the same extruder and what looks like your cr-10s pro.
Remove the nozzle(heat it up first and use pliers for hold the heater block).
Take a very thin Allen key and after removing the Bowden tube from the hotend, same it down through.
A jam at the hotend is the most likely reason the bondtech gears can’t push straight through.

I’ll replace the nozzle tomorrow when I come up for my bi weekly office hours, looks like you on one of the regular printers do you should not have any issues with another printer

I think he did this on his home printer.

Ok then do everything I said up till I’ll change it tomorrow

2 Likes

Also check to make sure the filament isn’t tangled on the spool. I had that happen once where the feed stopped because the filament was trapped under another loop on the spool.