November 2020 Ceramics Committee Meeting Minutes

• Molds, hand building tools for classes have been received.

Nov. Luster event.— Scheduled for Saturday 11-14-20

Heads up for December Chair vote –

Requesting that when scheduling classes, there needs to be 30 minutes between classes to give students time to make their project without being rushed, and it allows for full clean up.

Update on committee and glaze funds – as of 10-15-20

Ceramics committee balance is: $13,856 (less now due to all the spending)

Included in that is: $280.75 in glaze funds from the count in September

Previously in February there was another $152

Mop and cleanup schedule —Scheduled a deep clean day for 11-29-20 ar 5pm.

Starting in December…clean ups will occur after monthly meeting

Extruder - move to new area? what clay is being used in it? How to use and clean?

Cannot move yet. Looking for dies to go with it.

New Hump/Slump molds - are the bowls still on backorder – bowls are on order

Thank you, Thank you for the lights under the cabinets. They are a huge help!

Class clay is down to 2 boxes and some partial bags of clay - do we have more or do we need to order at some point this month? – Purchased class clay

Cabinet purchase. Is that still in the works – On order

Next Meeting----December 1st

Attendance:
April
Anette
Steve
James
Beth
Clark
Amanda
Utopia
Ross
Olivia
Kris K
Jen
Some guy on his computer…who didn’t want to join meeting

4 Likes

Thank you for the notes!

:rofl: “some guy…” that was funny

3 Likes

We asked if he wanted to run for chair :joy:

3 Likes

Hi! I realize we’re doing elections next month. I’d like to toss my hat in for Ceramics Committee Chair in December 2020.

4 Likes

Something I forgot to mention- do we need to pay the gentleman with the kiln?

1 Like

I am working on it :+1: Just have a few things to do on it. I am in contact with him also :+1:

4 Likes

Added to the wiki, not the prettiest formatting if anybody wants to fix it up.

2 Likes

works for me :raised_hands:t2:

Thank you for the minutes of Nov meeting!
I have a couple of questions:

• it seems like we just voted for ceramics chair- are members voting again because the last vote covered a shorter period of time (the vote took place late)? Or am I just losing track of time… and life… Lol

• is the chair vote going to be held during the Dec meeting? Or is this a time for people to officially throw in their hat and say a bit about themselves and their goals for the committee (if they want to talk)?

I would like to sincerely say Thank You to our chair and co-chair April and Anette, to all the members of Kiln Team, to everyone teaching classes, and to all the members who participate, volunteer, give of themselves and give of their time so that Ceramics can be fun and run smoothly.

3 Likes

Thank you, the last vote was June, usually elect a new chair every six months. The vote is in the December meeting, so announcements are taken now, if you are interested it would be great to talk about the goals you have for the committee and your background.

1 Like

Just looked back, the last vote was in July, doesn’t change the timeline though.

1 Like

I believe @Synth83 and @dryad2b are interested.

3 Likes

This is Correct.

1 Like

Will April be running again?

I know how long a term for chair is solidified in DMS rule book, but it seems like a year might give more consistency to a committee. Also could extend a reign of terror lol lol. But in this case I have enjoyed the strength and caring of April/Anette leadership and it seems to be ending much too soon :slight_smile:

I know that members who wish to be considered for the upcoming chair vote also care deeply about the ceramic committee and will give it their all.

3 Likes

The elections are supposed to be 2 times a year. Once in April & once in October. Covid kinda messed with that stuff.

4 Likes

Yes. I am interested in running.

2 Likes

Beth, I sent you a message thru DMS message system

1 Like

Thank you Utopia! I will not be running again. I have had my time. Ups and downs to be sure, but I think everyone should have a chance at being chair :raised_hands:t2:

5 Likes