'nother idea for maker fair

making this a separate thread so it doesn’t get lost in the main fair tread.
Keeping in mind that the maker fair is for the good cause of funding the fellowship fund I propose the following:

One of the things I liked about the summer picnic was the (not for profit) auction where people donated items or time or private classes. The fair benefits the fellowship fund only in as much as the number of tables we sell. It would be nice to see DMS PR set up a table where either the vendors that want to can donate an item (that request happens a lot in shows) or members like me can offer up a private class or help on a project or to do a cad/cam design for them. maybe another pie in the face for certain people! All proceeds would go towards the fellowship fund.
I know it’s short notice so we won’t have a lot of time to run an auction, but the vendors/volunteer can just put a price on it for the item. I for one have several items, or can offer up a personal HAAS or metal penmaking class or on any of the machines in the shop. that’s my 2 cents.

3 Likes

This is a great idea - many shows require vendors to donate an item and then they either have a raffle or a silent auction.

1 Like

Shhhhhh don’t mention the R word!
Silent auction - great
R-word - NEVER!

hahaha

No really, we can’t ever do a raffle

2 Likes

wanna bet.

(and more text that ruins the joke)

*I would be down to donate an item for silent auction.

1 Like

Let me mention something else, a bake sale! In the lovvy
maybe?

1 Like

mmmmmm, cake!

homer-simpson-cake

1 Like

Another idea - a table to gift wrap your purchases for donations? I would be happy to bake some brownies for a bake sale.

1 Like

Wouldn t it be neat to have some block printed or some
other Maker design paper Either to wrap with or to sell

“Brownies”

Wait, nevermind, this is not Colorado.

1 Like

For fundraising, wouldn’t that be pies?

In my day, they auctioned off cakes, pies, brownies, fudge…you name it. If it (might) come out of a kitchen, they’d have an auction. Even casseroles once, which I thought was weird, but everyone else found to be perfectly normal…

Does anyone remember cake walks?

3 Likes

Yeppers! :blankspace:

I was thinking more like pies in the face…

1 Like

:blush: :blankspace:

I would love to make something as a silent auction donation!!! Have zero inventory to justify a table. Was disappointed to miss the opportunity to give back to the Space, so another path to supporting the Fund is a welcome idea. Am thinking about a layered laser work like the 10x10 Halloween piece, but a winter scene appropriate to the time of year.

3 Likes