Note for Multicam Users on Dust Shoe

Between Michael Bayern @michaelb and myself, the new dust shoe is moving forward. Had run into an issue with having enough magnetic force to hold the existing brush (and future additional brushes) up under the shoe base. We decided to add folding latch pins on lanyards. These pins are spring loaded, insert from the top of the shoe, and require the user to reach under the shoe and rotate a small lever downward so the pin can be pulled out. Once removed, the brush can be moved out of the way for bit changes. Reverse the procedure to reinstall. Be sure to push down and rotate the lever!

Easy Peasy.

As installed today, the shoe brushes aren’t quite long enough for long bits. That will change when the rest of the assembly is ready to go. Michael is printing the remaining pieces as time permits. Long print times for these parts and he’s a busy guy with fingers in a number of DMS pies. Glad to have his talents in the Maker pool.

5 Likes

I have a Prusa I3 Mk3 at home if you need help producing 3D-printed parts. If desired, PM me with details re: fill requirements, etc. and I can run off some parts from home.

@michaelb I leave followup to you since this is your world!

1 Like

I PM’d Michael as well.

I appreciate the offer, but the issue here is the size, the remaining 2 parts are approximately 15"x6"x2", so it takes a rather large machine it print them.

Or I can slice them in half with NetFabb and reassemble once printed. ABS welds well with acetone.

That’s true, but they’ve already been sliced in half once and given their function I’d like to avoid weld seams as much as possible.

Your call: it’s your parts. :slight_smile:

The wide format printer should be able to handle it without additional splitting.

I’m not typically at DMS long enough to babysit a long print on the Polyprinters, though - that’s why I was offering my home machine.

I completely understand, and believe me, if I thought it were possible to do well on a mk3 I would have done it on mine already :stuck_out_tongue: just call me picky.

1 Like