No show instructor - Gary Kim

With all of the notification of training sessions it would seem that it is pretty easy to notify students if you are not going to be able to teach a class. I received no such cancellation.

I was scheduled to take the How to buy precious metals/Coins class https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/1748 and the instructor was a no show. I asked my son to tag along on the off chance that there was an open spot to take the class. There were three registered students in the class who waited at least 15 mins for the instructor, but alas he didn’t show.

From what I understand this is not the first time according to @Photomancer and @bscharff. Just an FYI to future classes be wary if you register for Gary’s How to buy precious metals/Coins class.

Maybe Gary forgot to set his clock forward for DST. Probably not though since @Diplomat and RK stayed for another hour just hanging out.

My son and I used the time to help out @ESmith with the off siting packing. All I’ve got to say, is if you have stuff in the storage bins and you let it go to off site you are doing a huge disservice to Eric and by extension to DMS. What a PITA it must be for him to do this every month.

It seems almost unfathomable to me that makers would let perfectly good walnut, maple and other hardwoods as well as a multitude of other valuable materials go to waste. I don’t have and never have used a storage bin at DMS, but I helped him for a short time just to give him a hand. If everyone did this it would give you a real appreciation for the magnitude of the effort needed and give you some real insight into how much effort he expends monthly.

Maybe everyone should have to assist with the off-siting process one month before we let them have any storage.
Thanks a ton @ESmith for your hard word on DMS’ behalf.

8 Likes

So it’s known… Gary Kim was already “blackballed” from submitting events on the DMS calendar.

1 Like