No Show Instructor Common? (New Member Question)

I’m a new DMS member and rsvp’d for my first class this evening but the instructor did not show up. I confirmed with some others working in the area that we were in the right spot; after 20 minutes or so of waiting, my son and I gave up and left.

Is this something that happens frequently?

What is the protocol in this situation? Is there a way to message the instructor?

Thanks in advance,
-dk

1 Like

That is not normal, what class was it?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, it was a Zing class.

1 Like

Was this the Zing 102 class in Laser at 7:30?

@Mrksls2

Yes.

Tenth

I was running a job for my wife before the class, and since she is also an approved Xing user, she watched the job finish. We ran a 40 minute raster from 6:55 to 7:35pm or so.

I will say Mark teaches the class often and is reliable, so I would chalk this off as an anomoly.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’ll take your suggestion and chalk this one up as an anomaly.

3 Likes

This is the exception. Even though 90%+ of our classes are free, our students time - your time - is very valuable and must be respected.

Teachers can cancel in an emergency (assuming the emergency allows it), or with enough notice to students so they don’t waste their time coming out. Otherwise, their teaching privileges will be restricted.

I agree with @dougemes assessment of @Mrksls2. He is one of our best and most reliable teachers.

Cheers, john
Eduction Chairperson Elect.

5 Likes

If I cancelled, it was because the minimum did not get met by 8:00AM the morning of the class. I make no exceptions to my rule. If I don’t have the minimum of 3 students, I cancel first thing in the morning. My apologies if the calendar system did not notify you. This has been an issue in the past and is currently being addressed. This has not been a common occurrence, but does happen from time to time.

4 Likes

Ok, we didn’t register until sometime Sunday morning so what I’m guessing happened is that your cancellation was already submitted and in flight even though the site said 3 of 4 spots taken after I registered.

Thanks for the reply Mark, I’ll just be sure to RSVP earlier in the future. Looking forward to catching one of your classes soon!

3 Likes