Nikola Tesla he isn't

5 Likes

I was in tears watching that!

1 Like

Gawd, I saw myself.

I get that it is funny but he is kinda foolish to do most of these for YT viewers. Not trying to be a Karen.

FIFY :–)

2 Likes

He has a LOT of videos out there of stupid, funny stuff like that. It’s his shtick. :slight_smile:

He even has a web site: https://www.electroboom.com/

2 Likes

I’ve seen this before but it still brings me to tears from laughing so hard.

Years ago my dad, who is a journeyman electrician of 40+ years, told me that you always wear gloves when working with any kind of significant voltage. He said it was for a number of reasons but the most important was safety.

We owned a shop where my father and I worked on cars, welded boat trailers, performed various sheet metal stuff and generally just tried to fix stuff. I learned a great deal from my dad over the years from the fix-it opportunities. I believed that my father could literally fix anything.

So he’s adding a new circuit to the power panel to power a new welder. It is a higher voltage three phase welder. He grabs a pair of handle insulated channel locks and goes to remove a large old fuse from the box. He doesn’t have gloves on and I say to him “Dad you always told me to wear gloves.” He says, “This will just take a minute”. Then he proceeds to crush the rusted in fuse and the channel locks go across both poles of the power box. Immediately they go red hot and my day narrowly escapes with his life. His hands are burned and I have to take him to the ER. If he had been wearing his Klein gloves, which are specifically made for electrical work, he would have had much less injury. Thankfully, the burns were not too severe and he recovered. But I NEVER forgot the lesson.

Until he passed I would tease him about gloves. He would always reply, “Do as I say not as I did.” This guy in this video reminded me of this special memory.

7 Likes