Nicole is admitting a huge screw up - swap meet Saturday

So I locked in the room for Saturday for the Dms swap meet and I SERIOUSLY just put two things together and I realized i also have tickets to Lego fest in Houston with Ayden.
I’ve screwed up. Can the swap meet happen without me being present? I didn’t ask for an honorarium or anything. It would just be making sure people clear out by 5. I really goofed. It was an honest mistake by a woman who needs to learn how to keep one calendar.
I’m really feeling foolish.

2 Likes

Yes, have fun. I will kick people out and make sure things get cleaned up.

3 Likes

I can help facilitate and assist with clean up. Most of my stuff will go to tge donation shelf if it doesn’t get claimed, I imagine others will have similar feelings?

4 Likes

Count me in on the clean up as well.

1 Like

Y’all I’m very very sorry. I really appreciate the help.

1 Like

I feel like if there’s any group that will understand the importance of Lego, it’s DMS.

6 Likes

I think Nicole is using Ayden as an excuse to go herself.

CA Minions - we probably need to figure out where the new Lego SIG will go.

1 Like

We have Lego in CA, so we get it!

1 Like

In just a little box … Nicole will come back as an Evangelical Legoist, probably need to get at least one roller cabinet, probably start looking for a plastic injection mold machine on Craig’s List, a potluck that has everything shaped like a Lego so you can “assemble/build” your meal, Lego 20 X 20 art show and …

Maybe should dig out tranquilizer darts and get refilled. :innocent:

2 Likes

Y’all stop giving poor Nicole a hard time! :joy:

Unless something changes, I’ll be at the space early-ish in the morning (probably around 8- boyfriend and I only have 1 vehicle at the moment and he works nearby so we are saving gas, LOL).
That said, I’ll probably start moving tables around at 2:45/3:00 and anyone who wants to help is more than welcome.
There will be tables for CA/Electronics/Wood Shop, and a separate table for items people might be looking to sell rather than just give away or trade (since I’m not sure what people have, this can all be adjusted if there are more people than anticipated)
I plan to print a few signs to keep it semi-organized (thanks for those @uglyknees !)

1 Like

I cannot be here. You’all have fun getting rid of or acquiring stuff…

Great time and I spent too much money.

Looking forward to the next one and I might have some items that might be desired by others to also have a table spot.

Feedback- should this be an annual event or bi-annual.

2 Likes

Bi-annual is my vote.
The rate of accumulation is faster than the calendar year.

2 Likes

I was there, briefly, during the setup of this event. Very nicely organized! It was difficult to resist @richmeyer s collection of interesting tidbits! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, bi-annual at the least, even quarterly seems too frequent, but annually seems like I would accumulate too many things.

Having observed how everything went yesterday, I think it could have been streamlined just a tiny bit if we had somehow collected info from people such as which department (wood shop, electronics, ca, other) and whether they were sell/trading or just bringing freebies. We ended up with 6 tables of freebies and 10 tables of sell/trade items.

I was also very surprised when a couple people started setting things up around 2. (Which is totally my bad, I used to work gun shows with @mrsprovectus , so I should have known better) so I had not yet moved any tables when the first people showed up. I didn’t catch names, but the two gentlemen jumped in and helped to get things moving smoothly and I’m grateful for that.

Overall I think it was a definite success!

2 Likes

A huge thank you and 15 Makerspace super special secret points to @missydee1206 for stepping up for my jack-assery. You’re divine!

2 Likes

Bi-annual is every other year. Did you mean semi-annual?

1 Like

I think Bi- is a prefix that is practically useless.
Some employers pay bi-weekly, and some bi-monthly. One means every other week, and the other means twice a month.

I think from what has been stated it was meant as twice a year

1 Like

Sorry. Yes twice a year.
Head + clouds = me

1 Like