Next Woodturning SIG Meeting?

Have we discussed the next Woodturning SIG meeting? As I recall from the last meeting we had a request to schedule around the beginning of August. Also, @Nate, you were to choose the next turning challenge :slight_smile:

I don’t mind putting it on the calendar, just wanted to see what everyone’s preference was.

The thing is ink pens but I need to get with John as I did not get to finish the class. First Sunday in August is what I made a special request for since I’m out of town.

3 Likes

I must have missed the Ink pen challenge, but thanks for the reminder!

Unless someone objects, I will go set up a calendar invite in a little while.

1 Like

I believe that was what everyone agreed on, sounds good

3 Likes

I’ll be there. I believe the agreed demo/discussion is on sharpening.

2 Likes

@jlcourtman, our new SIG leader, did agree to demo how to sharpen tools. This will be great!

Pen challenge? I’m in! And so I hope all our new pen turners.

I went to setup the meeting for sunday aug 5th and it looks like there’s a class in interactive but it hasn’t posted on the calendar just yet. I tried various 90 minute slots between 5-7:30 Any suggestions?

This is fixed now. :blankspace:

Thanks John!

BTW, if we need a topic for demo for Septembers meeting I would be happy to discuss/demo polishing acrylics.

1 Like

Hey, guys…I’m baak :)…thanks for setting up the meeting date! There is no pride of authorship in being the SIG, so the more ideas the merrier!

1 Like

Who all has turned acrylic regularly? What about just an acrylic turning demo

1 Like

Turning is the easy part and it’s what we’re all about. But many, many failures occur after the turning in things JUST LIKE the polishing. I like the idea of this demo as well as how to properly use CA glue for a finish. Cheers!

A CA finish would be another excellent demo, that one took me a few tries to get right.