Next Welding Class date?

Anyone know if there might be a welding class coming up? Been dying to use the welders. Have used others in the past and can never seem to sign up for the classes to get trained on the DMS ones in time.

Thanks
Josh

1 Like

I’d also love to take welding classes and haven’t seen any for a long time or in the future. (happy to meet up for a one-on-one lesson with a couple 20’s in hand too)

2 Likes

Just jumping in to second the notion. Signed up a few months back specifically to learn to weld. I’ve taken the safety class and am very eager to start on TIG or MIG.

If anyone out there is willing to teach a class I’d be willing to make it worth your time. As it stands now, I’m just paying membership dues til a class pops up. Occasionally taking other classes to meet a few like minded people.

1 Like

Sending email.

Jay Johnson

Add my name to the list too. I was able to get in a TIG class but still looking for a MIG class.

And I’d like arc. The price tag for MIG and TIG is higher than my small use would be worth.

Im not sure If DMS would let me teach a class for you guys or not. I taught a MIG class at the ladybird location and the bottle of argon I brought cost more than the welder we were using lol. Im not sure how much I could cram into a class though considering we would have to go over safety, machine setup, a little bit of weld prep, and then the actual welding. That millermatic is a nice machine, but its not going to set the voltage and wire speed itself or adjust the travel speed and stickout of the person using it, and that is going to be the most difficult part to squeeze into a class. I can teach TIG/Stick also. Knowing how to watch the weld puddle is pretty universal, but each process is its own can of worms.

1 Like

Safety is supposed to be a separate class, although each machine has its’ own safety issues, I’m sure…

2 Likes

Safety class is the pre-requisite. The way it taught now, that one class covers the safety aspect of all the machines.

Based on the number of views on this thread, there are a lot of people still looking for welding classes.
I just spent a couple of hours with Jay and learned a ton! Thanks!

Hey folks I’ve added a welding safety and a mig class to the calendar, be on the lookout for it in about 72 hours.

I’m working on some material / supplies for a Tig class and then I’ll schedule one of those too.

DMS Welding Process & Safety
This class also optionally teaches the handheld plasma cutter (my fav tool) at the end
Thu Jan 11 6pm — 7pm

Introduction to MIG Welding
Sat Jan 13 12pm — 2pm

Also my classes teach you how to use our machines to make a bead, not how to be a good welder :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m going to try and attend both classes. Appreciate it LukeStrickland!

Both classes are now live

Just signed up for the safety class. Tried signing up for the intro to MIG welding but wouldn’t let me. Any way to sign up for that one as well? I know the safety class is a prerequisite. Just worried it’ll get full before then. Thanks in advance.