Next Retrocomputing meetup

Hi all,

It’s time to start planning the next North Dallas Area Retrocomputing meetup. The last one, in July, was one of the best attended so far. There is a push to find a new venue more accessible to those on the west side of the metroplex, and to non-Makerspace members, but for now, no viable alternative to the Makerspace has surfaced. So, it will most likely be in the Interactive classroom.

Avoiding Halloween and Thanksgiving, some options are Oct 14, Nov 4, and Nov 11.

The October 14 date is kind of short notice. All else being equal, I’d prefer Nov 11 to give the most runway for scheduling and planning.

Any thoughts?

Dave

1 Like

Also, could someone on facebook run it by the facebook group and see if there are any thoughts there?

The meetup will be in the Interactive Classroom, Nov 11, 4-7pm. Hope to everyone there!

If you plan to come, please RSVP either in this thread, or on the meetup group, so I know how much Pizza to order.

Dave

2 Likes

Linking the Calendar Event for refrence.

Good thing its on a saturday, I’ll try to be there and may end up bringing a PC clone of some sort running a BBS or something cool, demos maybe.

As always, I encourage any @Team_VCC to get the word out to all not just the membership but to others in the dfw area as well. Oh and have fun too.

I just realized the room was reserved from 4-5pm, but it’s really supposed to be 4-7pm, plus 30 min for breakdown. Rather than delete and risk losing the spot, I submitted an additional reservation request from 5-7pm (+30min breakdown). If there is anything I need to do to clean this up, let me know.

Dave

Great, hope to see you there!

Definitely, get the word out, folks! If possible, please encourage folks to RSVP either here or meetup.com so I can get a head count.

1 Like

Take a look at who registered in the calendar system as well…

1 Like

Will do. Thanks for that pointer.