Newby. Print failed. Any idea why?

It seems that the ABS base-mesh peeled off of the baseplate. That’s why it failed. Now how do i change the printer or my print settings or my 3d file to prevent this from happening again?

And here is what was on the computer

1 Like

you need to turn off rafts on the polyprinters. you can leave the brim but a raft will decrease the surface area connecting to the bed

1 Like

That bed tape might be a little old too. Get someone who has changed it to show you the ropes.

@PearceDunlap is dead right on rafts. I usually lay down a 1.0 cm brim on anything that doesn’t have a wide footprint. Also, the bed temp becomes a factor when the footprint is very large.

Yes, everyone gets to make all the mistakes.

BTW, welcome to the Space!

1 Like

Also, only one print station computer was working: the single isolated one by the glass cabinet. All other computers had “this access method is not available at this time” whenever someone tried to ctr-alt-delete and DMS login. That’s not a big hindrance to productivity, but it’s something to be aware of.
Also, I’m sure there’s an easy solution, but only two printers were not “offline” when I accessed the OctoPrint interfaces via IP address.

1 Like