Newbie saying hello!

Hello everyone!

I came out for a tour a few weeks ago for the tour and was floored by everything the Makerspace has to offer. I am new to ceramics and have done a few lessons on the wheel at a local store just to see if I enjoyed it and to get my hands on some clay. I’m looking forward to coming out and meeting people/ sharing the space but I know I get a little introverted when it comes to places and people I’m unfamiliar with. Any suggestions on the best time/ way to jump in and get familiar?

Thanks, and looking forward to getting to know you!

Kate

9 Likes

Welcome! You’ve joined at a time where I’m sure there are going to be a ton of opportunities to get involved since we’re expanding soon. I’d keep an eye on the calendar for committee meetings especially in the areas that interest you.

3 Likes

Have fun indulging your creative impulses! It’s a friendly bunch… if not friendly… probably just another introvert. :grin:

1 Like

Anytime between 00:00:00 and 23:59:59 is good.

I’d say best times - when people are most active is week nights 6PM ~ 10PM, weekends from 10AM to 4PM or 5PM.

A REALLY REALLY good way to get involved is to attend committee meetings for areas you are interested in. You’ll meet people, see what is going on and coming up, help decide what can/should be going on, and become an active member. With expansion coming up his will be an exciting time.

Take Classes - this is great way to just explore something that might be interesting and may become next passion. Teach Classes

Like others: Welcome to Makerspace, your soon be second home.

2 Likes

Due to the hobbyist nature of most of the folks in Ceramics, schedules can be wildly variable. There are almost always people around on Thursday evenings during tour times. A few of us tend to consistently collect on Sunday mornings around 9-12 (except for next week which is a confluence of out-of-town action).

Looking forward to meeting you! If you ever have any questions, my contact info is on the large grey cabinet along the back wall and I’m happy to help.

1 Like