Newbie question about logo on bike shorts

I’m interested in putting my company’s logo on cycling shorts. We have a small team that rides together. I don’t know the first thing about what to do to accomplish this, hoping you can help. Willing to take any class. Thanks in advance!

silk screened is what you want. vinyl transfer, even stretchy HTV is not as flexible as those cycling shorts.

1 Like

Those shorts are pure synthetic material, yes? Dye-sublimation might be your best bet. That bonds into the material. And, how many pairs do you need? Silk screen is best if you’re doing a lot. Lots of work to set up, and quick to make. Dye-sub is good for a “few”.

most shorts are, ahem, dark. dye sub works best on light colors, and I dont know many cyclers that like the see throughness of the lighter shorts. now for cycling shirts, 100% cool to do dyesub, Ive done a couple on cheap “tech” shirts

2 Likes

That is very true, it is extremely difficult to find light colors. I hadn’t even considered “see throughness”. :grimacing: I was hoping to do this on white shorts, and I ordered some but they appear to be on a slow boat from China. I may need to reevaluate once I actually have them. Lol.

Yes only doing a few, and if white works out it sounds like dye sublimation might be a good option. Anyone know what class I would take for that? I didn’t see anything like that coming up.

You’ll want to talk to @CaryF300 probably for a class. But if they are white and you dye sub the whole thing it might mitigate the see-through issue?

Or at least dye sub the “sensitive areas”… Although, that’d have the effect of highlighting those areas…

And the class is “Dye Sublimation”. Snag it the next time it rolls around.

You have to be very careful heat applying to performance fabrics. There are lower temp stretchy HTVs that are really good for this. I use reflective ones on leggings for a few runner friends of mine…the trick is having lower platen heat as well as upper platen heat to better activate the adhesive without scorching the fabric. If you want that screenprint look, check out Transfer Express and then apply them yourself. They make screenprint transfers with plastisol inks. You pay by the sheet…regardless of the number of images.

1 Like