New wood store opening

New (opened in late august) wood store in Grand Prairie just popped up on my Facebook. Anyone been by? Looks like they’ve got lots of unique/ figured wood.

https://thewoodshedtexas.com/

6 Likes

Guess I’ll have to check it out next time I’m down that way. Wonder what the pricing is like…

The address is in Arlington
719 w Harris rd. Suite C-30 Arlington, TX 76001

1 Like

The owner Danny is a good guy. I bought some good wood from him when he was selling from his garage. Can’t speak to the prices in the new shop.

2 Likes

I’ve been a couple times. The owner is a really good guy and is passionate about the community. All of the dimensional lumber is surfaced on a minimum of 3 sides so I wouldn’t call it inexpensive but the selection is good. He carries a lot of offcuts for SUPER cheap and quite a bit of exotics.

The only person with a higher quantity of reasonably priced slabs would be @Lloyd_Plum.

I really loved the shop and would give them my business regularly if it weren’t such a hike.

Edit x2: grammar / addition

2 Likes

Went yesterday, I thought the slabs were pretty high on price but dimensional lumber was reasonable. $11 for 8/4 walnut, $7 for maple/cherry, $24 for exotics.
Danny is a good guy for sure.

2 Likes

What kind of exotics did they have?

Exotic Dancers?

1 Like

Bloodwood, wenge, bubinga, purple heart, monkeypod, lacewood, a few others.

3 Likes