New Window Suggestions

So I am going to be getting new windows in the new couple months. Anyone have personal experience of manufacture & installers? Good/Bad. Seems like everyone has good & bad.

I want to make sure I get something that lasts. My windows now are original Fox & Jacobs aluminum windows, not very good at insulating the heat/cold. Im not opposed to get aluminum again as long as its isolated aluminum frame.

Window world

We went with Home Depot and used their no interest/no payment thing to finance it rather than pay out of pocket. That allowed us to pay it off in a year with no interest and keep our savings intact.

You can stand by the window in direct summer sun and not feel the prickling heat.

Our previous house was F&J and we had 12’ of glass at the back of the house with 2 4’ glass panels and a 4’ sliding glass door. That was replaced by glass panels and sliders from HD along with all the other windows in the house in 2 separate purchases - both with no interest on the HD card. Made it easy then too and before the installation you’d feel the sun through the big vertical blinds. After, the blinds could be wide open and you’d feel zero heat radiating through.

It will make a big difference over what you have now - get the ones that do block the thermal radiation.

1 Like

So far we have looked at HD & Lowes. I wasn’t impressed with HD selection, Atleast in Denton the displays were a lot left to be desired. Lowes did have Pella, I liked their 450 & 850 clad windows. I’m still going to look at Windoor World & Don Young Windows. I’m likely going to be staying away from Vinyl windows. I’ve been kinda gravitated towards aluminum clad & thermally broke aluminum. I’m also looking at getting laminated impact glass but cost vs insurance break may play in hand. I will be paying in the old fashioned greenbacks. Ive kinda set aside in my mind about 15k for it.

Naw man… You call the 800 # and they send a guy to your house to talk window options and pricing. It’s easy and it wasn’t a hard sell.

They do custom sizes and all kinds of things you can’t get in the store without special orders… and they do all the measurements, removal, installation, and cleanup.

Does anyone sell decently efficient windows with security film pre-installed?