NEW TV SHOW about Ceramics

Thought someone might be interested and inspired.

I didn’t know if anyone knows about this show. It’s a ceramics competition show similar to The Great British Baking Show. I’m a voyeur of shows that actually require skill, knowledge and creativity. The first episode was January 2020.

It’s called The Great Pottery Throw Down and I watched the first episode on HBO Max yesterday. I haven’t done much in ceramics at DMS, but thought others might like this.

I found another link to watch it, like streaming services. You have to register, but it is free. I just made up name, address, etc. using a junk email I have. The link is:

2 Likes

I actually private messaged @Synth83 about this on Monday. I was thinking it would be cool to have a watch party. I know so many non-potters that are addicted to the show. Unfortunately, I don’t have HBOMax. If someone that does have it is willing to do a watch party, I’d totally be interested!

@coffeebean you said to send you a request for anything…a Ceramics account with HBOMax? :wink:

2 Likes

The older episodes were on YouTube but pulled mid-covid and caused the cries of every sculpture/ceramics teacher trying to maintain some thread of normality. Great show! Love how they blend education/entertainment

1 Like

We had watch parties of the prior seasons pre-COVID. There is a new season coming soon and another socially safe watch party would be fun when it comes out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But I had a life pre-Covid and no time! :rofl: Now I have tons of free time to do a watch party. :wink:

1 Like

I understand :grinning:…it was an event on the calendar and in one of our rooms with a screen. We’ll have to see if we can/should do that before further restrictions are lifted.

1 Like

Well, if anyone has one of those big outdoor screens and projector…we can watch it VERY social distanced outside. Heck…we could technically project it on an outside wall. Everyone just needs to bring their own chairs. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

The app had a message that this isn’t avail in my country (US). Am I doing something wrong? Has this link expired? Is there another way to watch this show (for free)?

Channel 4 is a Brittish channel. In order to watch it in the US you need a HBOMax subscription.

1 Like

Ahhh! Oh well. TY for clarification

I thought the orig poster had a way/link to see this season without having HBOMax… but maybe I read/interpreted incorrectly, or maybe that workaround has been plugged :slight_smile: