New tools, layouts, and more

Over the past couple days I’ve been working on things in the shop.

First, got a new set of hand tools. Ours has become progressively scattered, or broken. They all have some orange rubber coating on them to identify as metal shop (doesnt have the black band yet, but I don’t think 3d Fab has much overlap with us). I still need to make some holders for the screwdrivers and t handle set

Second, I made a steel frame that overlaps with the table to get the toolbox shifted and regain work table space. I moved the committee roll up cabinet underneath it.

I additionally moved the large belt sander to the left and forward a little (redrilled and anchored into the concrete when moved). This gave enough room to put the tubing bender along the wall.

I put the grinder arbor tool on a steel cable so it doesn’t get lost. Eventually I’m going to make some more steel cable necklaces for some other commonly lost items. Not all need to be anchored to the walls, but things like the powder coating swatches that came in recently have pretty flimsy rings that aren’t large enough anyway to work with. We can also make things like the steel gauge checker easier to use that way.

Lastly, I took some of the cable channel @TBJK and I made back when we first got the Dynatorch and used it to get all the cables for the Sanders off the ground so it’s easier to clean the floor around the machines. I tacked on a hook by the air reel for the extension cord (the KMG normally uses it, but it’s still available as needed as long as the KMG gets plugged back in).

Cheers,
-Tails

22 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so very much for all your work. It looks great. I wish I could like this a bunch of times.

1 Like

:clap::clap:round of applause​:clap::clap:

Thank You!!!

Great work and thank you.