New to Pachinko

Father gifted me a non operational 70’s pachinko machine. Totally new for me and i cant imagine itll be too hard. Excited to start working on it. if you have any suggestions on restoring or enhancing anything let me know. or if there are any local resources for parts or lights etc.

1970s Nishijin Sophia Pachinko Japanese pinball
type B i think not sure?

1 Like

I also have two in my attic I bought at a garage sale about 2 years ago.
I too would be interested in learning how to fix/make them work.

Jeff

they have a lot of manuals online but i found this youtube video that is pretty similar to mine. i guess they dont require power other than the lights.
also this was useful for cleaning tips
http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/Campingart/pachinko/

1 Like

I restored one when I was about 12. From what I remember, cleaning was the big challenge. The one my grandfather brought home had been exposed to dust, cigarettes, and sugary alcoholic beverages. That muck prevented the tiny mechanical bits from working correctly. I had to clean each target to get it working. Be sure to clean the balls and raceways or that muck will just get transferred to the mechanical bits.

I also recall having to fix some minor wiring faults. A multimeter (test for conductivity / resistance) was needed.

The machine did not need any replacement parts.

It was similar (but simpler) to rebuilding an automobile engine. Each bolt had a place. Each part had a place. Make certain each part finds its way home. Little plastic bags, a small pad of paper, and water resistant ink are very handy.

Bear in mind DMS has the tools needed fabricate nearly anything broken / missing.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I bookmarked it. When I get some time I will try and climb up in the attic and retrieve them. I paid 75 bucks a piece for them. Worth the effort at some point.

You want to replace all the balls with new ones. They rust/corrode and that roughness will chew up the playfield.

Other than that… clean clean clean and clean… Oh, and clean. Then lubricate what should be moving, but lightly.

http://a.co/iuSKStO

I got these balls when i got my old pachinko. I recommend at least 3-400 more.

finally got around to cleaning it. now on to restoration! anyone have any leads on new nails?