New to dms need digital media access

Hi,

I am interested in using the available photography and videography equipment, on and off site when available.

I’m currently inquiring access to this feature of the DMS community for personal use as well as entertainment purposes.

Due to the meetings being few and far between, it’s rare that I run into someone on site when I’m there to discuss the process.

Would love to start on these projects as soon as possible. Please get back to me soon.

Thanks!

Contact Kevin Patel. He chairs the group.

The equipment is for use on site. If you need equipment off site I suggest looking at rental companies like Competitive Camera in Dallas.

1 Like

Paging @Kevin.

I think that some equipment can be checked out for limited periods under certain conditions. Again, contact Kevin.

Welcome to the digital media group. Oh, and assuming you’re a member, you need to request the green dot so that people know you’re a member and not a random member of the public. The equipment is only available to members.

Yes, I am currently a member. I’m new to the talk page so I’m not clear on all the features but thanks for the insight.

Welcome to DMS.

You should also go to the Green Dot Member Access category and request access to the Member’s only sections of Talk. Create a new topic in that category and fill in the info it requests.

Vice chair of digital media here, Kevin and I are both onsite every single day. We mostly come in during the afternoon and stay until early in the morning. If we’re not in the digital media room, you can usually find us in the workshops working on various things.
We do spot training, otherwise for scheduled class look out for Digital Media 101 classes which usually occur twice a month. Those have yet to be posted for February, btw.

Between Vice Chair Luke & Myself were here about over 90% of the time from 2pm - 2am.
Just ask around for us when were here or shoot a message.
Were easy to find or take one of the 2 DM101 classes towards the end of every month. One during weekdays and another on the weekend. We’ll get you going real easy

I’m heading there now to try and catch up with either of you guys if possible

I would edit your post and delete your number. Its best to only send that in PMs and not all of the public internet. We’re here on the workbenches by automotive ATM