New sewing machine donation

Say hello to our new industrial straight and zig zag machine!

It’s good to use right now, should only require sewing 101 for operation. I’ll post a video with the help of others on how to make it zig zag

14 Likes

Nice donation! Consew has a pretty good reputation although I doubt it’s makerproof.
Better start sourcing parts now. :wink:

2 Likes

Adjective: Mythical devices that cannot be broken by a maker despite best efforts to train, warn, threaten. See Unicorn.

Synonym: Lie, Falsehood, Misleading, Delusional.

5 Likes

If you can provide me with a model number, I’ll add it to the tools list on the wiki.

3 Likes

CCN2053R

1 Like

Its beautiful!

2 Likes

Will sew about 16-20 layers of denim or so.

Zig zag and straight stitch.

Knee lifter.

Very similar in operation to the current machines and meant for clothing/other lightweight stuff. We’ll be posting a video shortly with how to use it.

5 Likes

Done. I also downloaded / uploaded / linked to the manual & parts list, and I added it to the list of tools on the CA committee page.

7 Likes

Let me know where it is and I’ll link to it from the wiki.

3 Likes

So if we have taken the class for Thor and the other class for the Pfaff&other butch machine, are we good for this machine, too?

I’m thinking so. Matt says it’s not substantially different from a regular machine, although zigzag is apparently special.

If you’ve taken sewing 101 and watched the video (@Kriskat30 was kind enough to record it and will be posting it) then you’re good to go.

6 Likes

Video will be up no later than Wednesday. I’ll post a link

6 Likes

Thanks for doing this!

2 Likes

She needs a name and decoration. :smile:
Priscilla?
Janine? (For the jeans I will sew)
Durga? (The multi-tasking Hindu goddess)

@matthshooter many thanks to you and your mom for the gift. It’s beautiful.

1 Like