New Pink Slip scheme in Creative Arts

That’s not accurate, there is not a 30 cent per transaction charge.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5068-what-are-square-s-fees

There is a 2.75% fee for swiping a credit card which is the only way we take a transaction so for $1 transaction it’s 2.75 cents.

4 Likes

From Robert’s initial post about the kiosks it looks like using them for inventory purposes is possible. Would that be a good alternative to consider instead of the pink slips?

1 Like

Could grab a photo of the receipt with your phone and then attach it to the pink slips.

I thought I was supposed to keep the receipt too

1 Like

Agree with Luke. I believe the word “Contribution”, or even “Payment” is more accurate here.

Once we decide whether the receipt is or isn’t supposed to go into the box, I suggest we put a Label on the tombstone that says either “Keep the receipt” or “Include receipt in payment envelope”, or whatever is correct.

1 Like

Agreed. Or even if the kiosk home screen could have instructions that’d be awesome.

2 Likes

I don’t get the pink slips?

As long as the item is on square every item is tracked.

Personally I think finance should speak up what they want on cash. I would expect they just want enough information to validate someone paid, If there were accusations.

The pink slips come with the smaller consumables pre-packaged. They serve as both a reminder to pay and a way to track how many small consumable pieces a person has used. They also provide a simple way to pay small cash amounts for those consumables, and aren’t necessarily for inventory control.

Mark has said that the inventory tracking stays with CA, finance won’t have to do anything with or about it. They’ll get a cash deposit once a month as normal.

2 Likes

Right but the intent is that each transaction is tied to a person. How does the pink slip accomplish that?

Ah, I see now why you’re asking.

The pink slip + cash transaction is not meant to be tied to a person.

The discussion about attaching the pink slip to a Square receipt was in answer to someone wanting to pay with a credit card.

The pink slips don’t necessarily need to be tied to a person/transaction, but can be if that person chooses to pay with a credit card. That is what’s being discussed now.

I stand corrected, I was told there was a 30 cent swipe charge. 3 cents isn’t worth worrying about.

2 Likes