New Pink Slip scheme in Creative Arts

In Creative arts we get through a large (HUGE) amount of small consumables. Glue, buttons, etc. So in an effort to make it easier to purchase consumables, we have adopted a new scheme. Pink slips!

These pink slips are a little different to vehicle pink slips, i’ll explain.

Whenever you need to use consumables, lets say a makers best friend, super glue, you should be able to find a baggie in the adhesives box with a tube of superglue and a pink slip. (side note: we have both gel and regular, super glue singles)

• On this pink slip will be a donation amount, and a paperclip

• Attach dollar bill(s) for that amount to the pink slip and paperclip

• Drop pink slip and attached bills it in the tribute box.

• Enjoy your consumable, give it the life it deserves.

Its simple, clean, no need to enter it on Square, it will all get counted at the end of the month and Creative Arts will use your donation to procure more fantastic consumables.

Currently, we only have a few items (superglue, super cute E6000 tubes, pallettes and large/small/magnetic buttons) but this list will increase with intent on covering all small consumables in Creative Arts.

Of course the honor system still applies. We can only hope to see all the pink slips return to us, bearing gifts of American currency.

You will still find some of the above items for use as before (ie: not in bag with pink slip). The square will happily deal with your donation for all of these instances.

Questions, comments, (polite) insults?

Visual assistance follows

Consumable in bag with pink slip

Paying up

5 Likes

This is such a great idea.

This is an awesome idea. What about those of us that prefer the plastic American currency?

1 Like

Good question. In that case, use the Square as normal, and attach the pink slip to the reciept :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just checking before someone was mistaken thinking they “had to” use cash :blush:

@Team_Moderators Could we pin this post for a week or two, just to make sure most people get a chance to be updated

1 Like

Is someone going to process these pink slips and reorder supplies? I don’t think finance is going to correlate the square payments with the pink slips.

No no, this will all take place within Creative Arts (currently i’m the sole bagger/tagger). This won’t affect the Finance Committee. It will be submitted to you guys as the usual cash deposit once a month

2 Likes

Is the receipt supposed to go in the box? I thought the person paying kept that since there’s an electronic record of who payed and all the item types are captured in the square payment. (think that’s what I was told when the kiosk was added to laser)

If I’ve been doing it wrong I apologize. I’ve made several payments in CA for vinyl and buttons lately where I kept the receipt for myself :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I’d like to know the same thing.

I have paid in cash, printed a receipt, and taped the receipt to the cash since Square cash receipts don’t identify the payer. But I’d prefer to keep the receipt for myself.

1 Like

Thats a good point. Attaching a receipt is a good way for me (or whomever does the monies) to know that it was paid for by card (or other Square means).

If the person donating wants to keep the receipt, then maybe we need to gather ideas for something to be attached to the pink slip to know that it was paid for through the Square

1 Like

I wonder if the Square kiosk could print out two receipts, if requested…

@Robert_Davidson

1 Like

Yikes. I’ve been keeping the credit card receipt for my records, thinking that Square was tracking the particulars. Looks like I need a refresher course on the payment system.

1 Like

The square does keep track of all transactions. We are just discussing what to attach to the pink slips, if we use the square terminal.

No worry, you’re doing the right thing

2 Likes

Maybe you should make it a $1.35 since we pay a percentage + 30 cents per transaction. Over a third of the money disappears on a $1 transaction.

1 Like

According to this post, the receipt for the cash payment to Square goes into the envelope (which I think is, in this case, supplanted by the pink slip)
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/square-donations-instead-of-paypal/20908/4?u=jast

3 Likes

Maybe put some kind of tracking or serial type identifier on the pink slips that can be entered into square?

Nah, that would make it too complicated. Besides, the pink slips are reused

For the sake of consistency I recommend adding the new items to the Square kiosk. Also be clear about what you’re doing, they’re sales, not donations. People might get the impression that “donations” are optional.

4 Likes