New PC build compatibility issues?

I’m building a new pc and having issues with no video output. The motherboard i’m using is an MSI 970a SLI KRAIT edition and the graphics card is a PNY GeForce 730 2gb edition. Does anyone know if I am having compatibility issues with that information?

CPU AMD 8350
RAM Pacific Sun 16 GB Kit PC3 12800 (1600MHZ) DDR3
500w Power supply

PC part picker seems to think the Mobo and ram are compatible, but I can’t find the processor or ram that you have on there to check them as well.

Try pulling the RAM and video card on separate startups to see if you get beep codes or anything

Those should all be fine. You’re likely not plugging power into something or a component isn’t seated properly.

Can you even get into bios screens? What about boot into safe mode, minimal drivers?

Can you maybe use your phone, video your PCs behavior, upload to you tube, then paste link to this thread.

I helps a lot to see what is going on your system. Show us what happens when you try. What lights, if any, come on? What can you do that gets a different reaction? Etc?

Do you have power coming from supply?

Are all powers coming from supply?

Is the power button hooked up properly for supply you are using and motherboard choice?

And is the alternate power cable plugged into the motherboard?

Like, zero video at all, not even BIOS screen?

First thing in that case is to make sure the monitor works, and monitor cable. Seriously, I’ve done it and wasted a lot of time messing around inside the computer when the problem was my monitor cable.

Once you verify that, re-seat the video card, RAM, and video cables. Unplug everything else from your motherboard - no drives, no keyboard, no mouse. When you power up you should at least get a beep code or a “no keyboard” message on screen. Plug in keyboard/mouse and restart and see if you get to BIOS or beep.

I had one more thought…
If your CPU cooler is not powered correctly, your MOBO may not power-up at all to protect your CPU. Depends on BIOS.

Basically, unplug anything you can unplug from the MOBO, and re-plug it, and double-check, everything is in the right place.

For those of you that were concerned: I got Versace “Balls” Cocaine to post earlier. She’s up and running now. It was an issue of incompatible RAM. Upgraded to Patriot 16GB 1866Mhz Viper… Sapphire blue.

1 Like