New Online Store

I am investigate the possibility of having an online store for donations and the maker fellowship fund.

The goal is to ultimately stop the use of Paypal for anything outside of memberships.

I don’t have a good eye for website aesthetics so I wanted to see if anyone would like to take a first go on it.

Right now I am looking at using the online store builder within square.

Any Volunteers?

1 Like

There are several options while using square for the payment gateway. Square does offer a theme-able store system. Can also use other shopping systems with plugins like WooCommerce on WordPress.

Kinda of depends what other needs you have. If our recent case we needed to setup a WordPress website as well as a store. We went with Woocomerce and the Square WordPress plugin. https://fireants.org/shop/

Still need design/organization but it has done well so far.

1 Like

Can you do variable amounts?

Just wondering; could this be a line item in the existing kiosks? I.e. I could go to the kiosk in CA and choose “$50 - Fellowship Donation”?

The issue is anything that goes through the CA Kiosk goes directly to CA. The intent for this particular shop is it would be general fund.

There are variable amounts in WooCommerce. Also some additional plugins for donation popups / boxes in the sidebar, etc.

1 Like

I have been using Square for about 3 years. I volunteer as tribute to help if it is still needed to seek items for the space. Let me know.

I absolutely would love help. Honestly I would likely hand it off and you can make it into a reality and I hope people will love you for it!

1 Like

Just so I know what I’m getting into before committing :rofl: We would need to make a wordpress site with plugs to the DMS square account. On there would items for donations? Like for amounts 1-1000 etc? Would there be DMS branded swag? Or is that for the lobby kiosks only. For example I’m relatively new but really WANT the red DMS decal for my truck. I would pay a fairly ridiculous price like $10-$15 if I knew it was going to a general fund for DMS. Again I am just trying to understand the ultimate goal for what you want to achieve. It seems fairly straightforward and something I can do…just in need of more information to accomplish the task.