New Moist Clay Bin

The new clay container is now in place behind the slab roller, on the brown shelf. The goal is to keep it stocked with (free) clay that is well-mixed and moist, ready to go for throwing or soft slab/handbuilding. I’m rough wedging clay before it goes in but I recommend giving it a few more goes before use. Please replace the towel after pulling clay and make sure the latches are all down so the gasket can seal the bin, thanks!

If there is anyone that has permissions for the vinyl cutter, it could use some snazzy ‘Free Clay’ labeling. I’d sing your praises to at least three people!

If you have any dried out clay that you would like to contribute (or if you’d just like to learn how to quickly re-condition for your own use), give me a shout.

10 Likes

@steve and 20 characters

I can whip up something tonight if it hasn’t already been done

3 Likes

That would be lovely, thank you very much! Please let me know how much I owe ya.

Side note: Hey folks, have you heard about how great Steve is? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll drop the vinyl sticker off next time I’m at DMS. I’m going up there sometime this weekend to work on ornaments for open house, probably tomorrow.

4 Likes

If it’s vinyl printing for committee usage, I don’t think ca will charge for it. I think.

They DO want it still accounted for in the kiosk though, please.

@missydee1206 can confirm for sure

It was printed by @steve at home so no worries. I don’t think there is a charge for using the vinyl printer for DMS but I’m not sure how it is accounted for.

2 Likes

If you use DMS vinyl for a committee, please drop a note in the payment box so we can account for its use, but no, there is no fee. If you use your own vinyl, there is never a fee for running the cutter.

4 Likes

That’s very cool. If y’all ever need mediocre ceramic junk made, l’m there for you. :slight_smile:

(I mean, I’ll /aim/ for good but being realistic here, heh.)

3 Likes