New member tour, March 4 (FRI)

Hi everyone,

I’m Jean (pronounced Jon). Just joined the Space, looking forward to getting acquainted. Any chance someone can give me a tour and FOB on Friday, March 4th? I’m available any time between 9:30 AM and 2 PM.

Thanks!

Jean

Not sure what your schedule looks like, but there are Open Tours every Saturday from 10am to noon, they’ll be able to get you sorted no problem. If that doesn’t work out/no one else pops up with earlier availability, I’ll be there Monday and Tuesday morning next week.

Hi there, thanks for the reply and for including information on weekend tours. I did see the Saturday tours, but it’s my daughter’s bday this weekend—lots going on. I work MON and TUES morning, but thanks so much for the offer. If I don’t get another reply, I’ll post again to see if anyone can help next Friday, or plan on the Saturday tour. Thanks!

Getting in the building is the most difficult part… if you go in the evenings [or before a class when there’s more traffic] you can usually get someone to let you in. Once you’re in you can activate your own fob [it is easy]. This doesn’t get you a tour, but you can look around [or ask someone there for a tour]. Mornings might be a little more difficult [the cameras only really show the auto bay in use right now]… but Monday/Tuesday afternoon should be fairly easy.

1. Fill out a waiver on the iPad in the common room or the lobby [if you haven’t already done so]
  2. Select a “badge” from the box at the computer by itself on the left side of the common room
  3. At the computer, log into “MakerManager (Badges)” - I think it defaults to that screen
  4. Once logged in to the Maker Manager 3 website, select “My Badges>My Badge”
  5. In the box enter the number on the back of the fob - or [easier] with the cursor in the box to enter the number, scan your badge with the badge reader connected to the computer [don’t hit enter - when you scan it in it will automatically step to the next step, it just takes a second].
  6. Log out and test your badge - cause you’re all done!

Some more info for new members can be found in this thread: Just did my first visit to DMS - #3 by TSki

Thanks Tski! Very helpful. I’ll try to get in one evening and get a FOB. This probably belongs on another thread, but when can a new member get trained on using the auto bay and lift?

Thanks again!

Best bet is to arrive early for Motorsport’s Thursday evening soiree, and maybe tag Jason @Bizwacky to see if he’s willing to help out before the big meetup…to really score points, hang out and help out…

Thanks, @jast! I’ll get in there one of these Thursdays.