New Member Tour & FOB Activation

Hello, all. My name is Jeff Norred. I just joined DMS and I was hoping someone could be so kind as to show me around the space and help me pick up and activate my FOB. I am scheduled to join the Woodshop Basics class on Tuesday Feb. 8th at 6:30pm, but I am out of town this weekend so I won’t be able to attend the Open Tour this Saturday.

Would someone be available this evening (Tuesday 2/1) after 6pm, Monday (2/7) after 6pm or Tuesday (2/8) before the Woodshop Basics class?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Jeff,

We can get your fob activated before/after the Woodshop Basics class on Tuesday. It is fairly easy to do, so if you need to do it before then you can activate it yourself [getting it to the building will be the hardest part - and people are pretty good about answering the doors].

The steps are:

1. Fill out a waiver on the iPad in the common room or the lobby [if you haven’t already done so], make sure to use the same email for the form as you signed up with
  2. Select a “badge/fob” from the box at the computer by itself on the left side of the common room
  3. At the computer, log into “MakerManager (Badges)” - I think it defaults to that screen
  4. Once logged in to the Maker Manager 3 website, select “My Badges>My Badge”
  5. In the box enter the number on the back of the fob - or [easier] with the cursor in the box to enter the number, scan your badge with the badge reader connected to the computer [don’t hit enter - when you scan it in it will automatically step to the next step, it just takes a second].
  6. Log out and test your badge - cause you’re all done!

Other benefits of DMS membership can be found here Just did my first visit to DMS - #3 by TSki

Welcome to the space.

2 Likes

Thank you; this is really helpful!