New member professional welder

Hey everyone I just got everything taken care of to be part of the makerspace last night. I am a professional welder with 3+ years of expirence and currently weld for GE. I am trying to get some info on the metal shop I noticed the tig welder didn’t have a regulator and was wondering if one is needed for it.

I also wouldn’t mind teaching welding classes.

9 Likes

Are you talking about the Miller 252?
If it’s one of the others, it’s likely intended to be set up flux-core only.

Tagging the metal shop co-chairpersons, just to draw their attention.

@texastboneking
@Danny

If you find him roaming the space, Lee is the committee chair. Although we complain in his general direction, I don’t think Lee’s decided to join this talk space.

And welcome, Jeremy!

Any TIG, aluminum, or stainless experience?
:smiley:

There is a tig machine in there I believe it was a thermal arc there wasn’t a regulator on it I think they might have been using it for stick.

I have some stuff at my shop I plan on donating and I think I have a spare argon regulator for the tig. I also think I have some consumables for the 252.

1 Like

Sorry. I can’t read, apparently. I thought your original post said “mig” was without regulator.

It is my understanding that only the new Miller MIG machine is actually owned by the space. Further the reason the Miller was purchased is that the other machines have started to approach end of their lifetime.

1 Like