New member - need first access and intro

Hi - finally navigated the member sign-up. Shew! no capital letters in your username.

Would any of the current members have availability to get me started? I am open on the weekends and after 5 weekdays except for Wednesdays. The intro classes are full except for one that I cannot attend.

I am an intermediate level potter - I already throw, mix glazes, trim, etc. I need wheel time and experience with my glazes and firing.

Eager to get started. Willing to help. Open to suggestions.

1 Like

Maybe not the most helpful, but I am about to head over to DMS now to do some quick trimming and to flip some pots. I’ll pm you my number in case you happen to be available.

Edit: Ron is waivered and fobbed and re-toured. Welcome, Ron!

2 Likes

If you still need Ceramics 100, please go ahead and show up to one that you can make it to :+1:

Well, the next Ceramics 100 is on a Tuesday at 5:00 PM. I work till 5:30 or 6:00 PM most Tuesdays and live 30-40 minutes away from DMS. So I would be showing up at 7 PM. Chris gave me the basic rules today. I will look for an opportunity to catch the C100.

Thanks again, Chris!

Can you remind me, please? Who do I contact to get on the list for kiln training? Mind like a steel sieve.

:confounded:

Hi!
@Monikat is out of town until August 12th. SHe will be your kiln training contact. In the mean time, please review our community firing team guidelines here.

Also- not sure if you’ve seen our wiki but it has all the cool stuff like what kind of clay we fire, what kind of glazes we use, etc.

Lastly- If you use our glazes, you can may contribute to the glaze fund via our paypal or drop $3-$4 per coffee mug sized piece in the glaze container.

And by “container”, she means the black metal box on one of the tables that says to pay there.

No problem. Now that I have access and have read through the rules, I need to do some planning. I need to purchase some cone 5 or 6 clay. Since Trinity is not open on Saturdays anymore, I am going to have to order ahead and make a Friday afternoon drive-by pickup. (Surely there will be a little time for some tool shopping?? :crazy_face: ) Then, I need to think through what to take with and get it all organized in a container that I can roll through the building - after the stop at Sonic for the requisite diet cherry limeade hydration. Glazing is a week or two off. Hope to meet you all soon.

Ron