New member looking for sheetmetal tools checkout

joined last week but i cant seem to find anything on the events list that resembles a checkout/ instruction period for the metal shop/ sheetmetals area. Can anyone offer guidance on how to make this happen?

I believe we are spot training on the sheet metal tools atm, as we don’t really have many/any classes on how to use them. Look for @TBJK or @hon1nbo around the shop, or anyone that claims to use them, and have them show you what’s up.

For the other tools in the shop

• Grinders (either spot train or use a phone to read the QR code and take the online quiz)
  • Welders or Plasma Cutter (Hot work safety, then the specific class for the machine you want such as TIG, MIG, CNC etc)
  • Powder Coating Oven (spot train, or after some hot work safety classes a spot train)
  • Blacksmithing Tools (take a class with the Blacksmithing committee)
  • KMG / Fancy Belt sander (take a class with the Blacksmithing committee)

Let me know if I missed any and I’ll let you know the process.

1 Like

appreciate that, thank you. everything i want to do revolves around the precision sheetmetal working equipment, so i dont think i need the big classes. ill try to drop by and look for some people using the shop.

1 Like

The sheet metal tools do not require training, though we have some instructional slides on the Committee drive.

If you ever want help, if you see me at the space I can lend you a hand.

Cheers,
-Jim

1 Like

Do you have experience with sheet metal??

a good amount, but generally with hand tools and riveting. i could use some tips on the precision cutting equipment, and adapting it to the project im planning.