New member help in jewelry

Hi there! I’m a new member who would love to have someone show me around the jewelry making area. I don’t see any related classes on the calendar, and my schedule’s open if someone would be kind enough to help!

I’ve been a jeweler for decades, so showing me basics won’t be necessary. I just don’t feel comfortable touching anything until I have some training with the Makerspace equipment. Thanks!

4 Likes

@Team_Jewelry

2 Likes

Welcome I think you’ll love our jewelry set up. Who is teaching a class on the hydro flux welder Thursday and if you wanted to get there a little before the class I know the truth I will probably be with her would be glad to show you around things now neither of us are extremely knowledgeable on casting we’re both much more into farming and Fortune. The other thing to look for would be a jewelry committee meeting that would they should be having water this week or next week.

Awesome, I’ll definitely take you up on that! To be honest I will eventually get into casting so that isn’t as much of a concern to me right now. I’d just really like a run down of which tools are available and the rules of the space. Thank you so much, should I arrive around 6:00 or 6:30?

Amber Zuniga

Hi Amber,
I’m Joseph, welcome to DMS! Please check out our wiki page for more info on the DMS Jewelry Studio. https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Category:Jewelry/Small_Metals_Committee

We meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 7 PM. July 13 is our next meeting. Please email me at [email protected] if you want to schedule a time to visit before then.

2 Likes

Hi Joseph, thank you for the link! I’ll send you an email shortly, and I’d love to attend the next meeting.

Amber Zuniga

2 Likes

Sue and I will be there around 6 on Thursday this coming what are and you can even sit in and watch the hydroflex class it’s full right now but the hydroflex isn’t extremely neat to him

Ok if I don’t set up a time with Joseph on Wednesday I’ll definitely be there at 6:00 on Thursday. And yes the hydroflex is on my radar. I’ll be happy to sit in on the class. Thank you!

Amber Zuniga

1 Like