New Member Access Needed As Soon As Possible

Please post your name, your need(s), and a couple of days & times that will work with your schedule to help our volunteers meet your need.

Hello - my name is Douglas Lies. I am a new paid member (today) and I need to gain access to the shop just as soon as humanly possible. I can pretty much accommodate any time that someone is around; I am only 1/2 hour away. Thank you - 310.650.4478 call or text.

I should have mentioned my Dad is a long-time member, so I am very familiar with the shop.

Drop by the space, sign the waiver, and create an account. Then you will be able to sign up for a wood shop basics safety class. You can’t use the shop until you attend the class, and you can’t sign up for the class until you join. BTW, the jointer is non operational until further notice.

Were you an add-on member under his account and did you take any training classes? That credit can be transferred via a manual process.

Thank you. I did sign up yesterday and became a member. I was able to drop by the space yesterday and Josh helped me get a key fob up and running. I have looked in the threads here and cannot find anywhere to sign up for the Basic Wood Shop safety course in order to use the machines/equipment. I have seen references to plying folks with snacks & $$ to hold private sessions, which I am more than willing to do. Thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you, Bill. No and No. While my Dad lives 3 miles away, he is not technically in the same household so, in the interest of time as he is on a cruise in Alaska, I bit the bullet and became a paying member myself. I would like to get the Basic Wood Shop Safety class out of the way at the very earliest possible opportunity so that I can use the equipment. I understand folks respond to snacks and $$ for private classes, which I am happy to do. Any thoughts?

There’s a thread in the Woodshop category that’s quarterly requests for classes. It’s a pinned post, so it should be at the top of the category. Classes usually come around frequently, but they aren’t scheduled out more than 2 weeks in advance - tops.

Thank you, Beth. Yes, I did see that thread and did post to that, as well.

1 Like

Ping @j801496 to see when he is holding his next class.