New Member Access 28FEB2021

Hello,

I am a new member. I was told to come here to set up a time to be let in the building to sign the waver and get my Key Fobs. Is there a time available to com in around 7:00 PM weekdays or anytime on the weekends?

Getting keyfob setup on first visit is iffy recently. There is a problem in transferring passwords between billing and the badge system. You will need to come in to sign the waiver in the lobby, make an attempt to setup the fob but it probably won’t accept your password.
So you will need to send an email to [email protected] and note you can’t setup a badge and request a new password. You can pickup a keyfob and set this up at home once you can log in to the member portal / Maker Manager (Badge) site. I don’t think you can register for classes until you get the badge setup.

I could meet you at 10 or at 12 today

Randy

Hello Randy,

I do not get off work until 4 pm. Is there anyway a time can be arranged after then or for the weekend?

Thank you

5:15 Tuesday or after 6 Friday, I don’t know my plans yet for next weekend.

There may be someone else available other evenings this week.

This is my understanding:

Paying your dues makes you a member. Signing the waiver in our lobby gives you permission to access the premises. Taking prerequisite classes qualifies you to use the tools for which those classes are necessary. The key fob is a detail, but one that is very convenient. Same for the tour, but you’re still responsible as a member for knowing and following our rules, which are available on our website.

I’d just show up at your convenience. If you’ve paid your dues online, you can come and go without a fob so long as someone lets you in. Your best shot is to knock on the automotive bay door, since that’s a pretty busy part of the Makerspace where people are likely to be – especially in the evenings. I’d bring proof of your membership payment (screen printout of receipt?) because you will be challenged about it if you don’t have a key fob as evidence of your membership status. Just ask them to walk you to the waiver sign-up computers.

You can access the camera system for live feeds to see where people are. https://dallasmakerspace.org/cam/

Good luck, and welcome.

1 Like

Hello,

5:15 Tuesday would work out great!

Great see you then

While the badge and the Calendar setup aren’t particularly linked, you’ve got to have a password that lets you into the database. Both the fob set-up and the Calendar are checking the same database…

Thanks you!

I am outside, Gray Truck parked near the entrance.