New knives and scissors

Yay for new tools.

These are to replace the tools that have disappeared in the past few months. Please please if you walk away with scissors or xactos, that you return them soon after!

Also, if you gunk up the scissors and don’t bother cleaning up after yourself, I will hunt you down!

Take care of your tools, they aren’t free. You are paying for them!

6 Likes

@LukeStrickland - are there scissors on the general tool boards in the workshop? There probably should be …

Just a couple

2 Likes

Awesome!! Thanks!

(I wonder how many CA scissors walk off because people don’t know about all the ones in the shop …)

1 Like

Can we try tying some hot pink ribbon on them?

Re marking them as CA
We have pink tape and such. I’ll mark them Thurs when I’m up there if it hasn’t been done already.

1 Like

But that didn t keep others from walking off, maybe a pink ribbon would
help

Honestly, I think we could attach giant neon metallic pink pompoms to things and they’d still go on walkabout.

Little sign, big sign (tape/ribbon/pompom), folks still can choose to pay attention or ignore it. The issue is returning things.

Can’t control that part, unfortunately, other than encouraging people to do what we learn as little kids: put it back where you got it, respect things that aren’t yours, and clean up after yourself. It’s still a work in progress for some :slight_smile:

Where tape/paint does help is identifying stuff when it has gone astray. It’s not an impediment to it going astray, but does help it sometimes find its way home.

5 Likes

The color marking helps things return to the correct committee.

Meanwhile:
Lots of hand tools have “left” DMS.

The group of folks who think of DMS as their FREE tool supply need to be banned. We hunt you and will ban you when the opportunity occurs.

As a reminder, we are a non profit. Theft from DMS gets you a +1 on the crime scale. Don’t be that person.

I took it home, accidently. Not a big deal. Bring it back, intentionally.

I am one of the people who orders supplies and tools. I know we are replacing stuff that people took home.

4 Likes