New Jewelry Kiln

We have purchased a new larger Kiln for jewelry to specifically facilitate lost Wax/resin casting.
I have got it powered up and programmed for Lost Wax, Lost Resin, enameling, and flask preheating. However the wifi controller used for the remote view, logging, etc was not working properly. I have removed it to send out for service, per the mfg, since it’s under warranty. They said only takes a couple days to repair and we should have it back in about a week. I also will add a cover plate to the electrical outlet asap.

5 Likes

What is the largest enamel on copper piece that will fit?

Chamber Volume

1.59 CU.FT.
45.02 litres

Chamber Width

14.00 IN
356 mm

Chamber Depth

14.00 IN
356 mm

Chamber Height

14.00 IN
356 mm

Nice! how can I get cleared to use it?

(1) Are you removing the old one from service and replacing it with this one, or are you adding this one?
(2) If you will tell me the brand/model, I will add it to the Tools list on the wiki.
(3) Is training required to use it? (asking from the wiki perspective …)

We will have a training class specifically for it ito start with, and there will also be ongoing classes for enameling and casting that will cover proper operation.

This will be in addition to the small one for now. I’d appreciate the help updating the wiki! It is a Paragon W14. Training will be required for use.

Great, I would love to be able to enamel on 12x12 copper, Please list a class as soon as you can.

The Tools list is updated.

If you maintain other tools info elsewhere in your committee section, it isn’t added to that.

1 Like

Great, thanks Chris!

2 Likes