New Glaze Technique Available

Hi all,

Based upon a conversation I had at the space and some information I found on Pintrest and Facebook we now have something new to try.

All of the old dried out glaze bottles i have pulled the glaze chips out and put them in a plastic container near our glaze rack. I tried the technique on the bottom of a test piece of mine and it’s pretty cool.

Close up…

This was two coats of blue gloss with about a 1/2 teaspoon of the glaze flecks sprinkled in the middle.

Enjoy :blush:

3 Likes

Didn’t you use to do this @dryad2b a couple years ago? or was you doing dirty pours with the little bits left in the bottles? @dryad2b was amazing at recycling.

1 Like

Well…it was new to me and I had not seen it as an option at the space in all the time I’ve been there so I thought others might enjoy trying it too.

2 Likes

I am sure they will love it. Simple and resourceful.

Thanks for collecting and posting, really cool idea, haven’t seen before, might try on a ring dish.

1 Like

That will pool really nice on a ring dish.

1 Like

I saw the results in person, and I cannot wait to try it as well!!!

2 Likes

I’ve seen some pretty stuff using “confetti” on the Amaco FB group.

Did you keep the different glazes separate? While random can be a thing, you can plan prettier if you know what you’ve got to mix. I’d been thinking ziplock bags, with the glazes marked?

2 Likes

They are all together now…but next go around of glaze bottles I think separating would be a great idea as well.

2 Likes