Git Class On Calendar - now Git dicussion 2023/06/26

Hi all,

I’ve put up an introductory git class for Sunday. In this class, I’ll be going over the fundamentals of git:
why you’d use it, basic commands (add, commit, clone, pull, etc.), and creating some test repositories on your repository profile (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, etc.)

6 Likes

Reminder, class is on Sunday. You don’t need to be a programmer to use git (although it helps). You can use it as a personal backup for text files, reports, etc. and just make private repositories on github.

2 Likes

I’d be attending if I was not out of town.

Hi Oz, when would be a good time for you? Would the following Sunday work?

It’s Mother’s day, you might have a challenge getting anyone else to attend.

I could do it, but I’d need to be done by 3 PM.

I’m easy, and my interest is not urgent.

Hi Oz, when would be a good time in June, now that the holidays have passed?

Hi, if you are going to offer this class again in the future, can I suggest having it on Sunday afternoon? I would love to attend and learn to use Git instead of putting dates after my file name as version control.

I’m busy this weekend, Thursday the 8 and Monday the 12th, but I’m good with Sundays after this weekend.

What day would be good for you? Would Sunday the 25th work out?

Sunday, 6-25-23 would be great!

Sunday afternoon on the 25th will work.

I’ve put up a class for 3 P.M. on Sunday the 25th. It should be up in a few days time on Calendar.

3 Likes

Class is now up on calendar:

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/19855

Thank you, I signed up just now.

Do I need to bring my laptop, or can I use the computers in the room?

The computers have git bash on there already, so setup isn’t needed. But if you bring your laptop, you can get any help with setup if you need it. Your call.

Got it, thanks.

Just signed up and really interested in this topic. Thank you!

Section has filled up on calendar. Depending on the interest, I can throw up another class in July for people that weren’t able to sign up.

Class yesterday went pretty well outside of some technical issues (which is bound to happen at DMS I suppose). Seems like people were pretty engaged and I even managed to get back at @cwai2007 for bandsaw class, lol.

If there’s any feedback on what I can improve for future classes, let me know.

1 Like

His class is way better than the youtube videos that I have been watching. I highly recommend to others!