New Fractal Artist Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I am Sidicus Maximus, and I am new to DMS. I wanted to post to introduce myself and to also gain trust levels.

I am a fractal artist, which means I use geometry and math to make pretty pictures. Currently I am attempting to use a Gel Medium to Transfer Toner Prints onto Tiles I get from Trinity Ceramics.

I can post links after I am trusted a bit :slight_smile:
Anyway!

I hope you are all having a great day and look forward to having fun here.

Sid

PS If you have a question about fractals please let me know!

6 Likes

Sid, was great to meet you last evening. Was really interesting to see your artwork. Would love to learn more on how you do it.

Yes, I do appreciate you showing me around. Your space really looks like a great place.

How I make my work is simple, its complex.

Fractal humor!

SMH im such a dork.

The program I use for most of my artistic works is Mandelbulb3d, which is a free download from www.fractalforums.com.

Making fractal art is more like photography in the way that the math is already there, I just try to find a artistic way of representing the geometry. Mostly its just a lot of trial and error. (and sometimes error is the point). I have made some interesting textures just from errors in the graphics processer! lol

We have come a LONG way from running fractint v17 on my i386 in the early 1990’s

wow I cant hardly imagine how long it would take to render things on that.