New Fireworks Sales Seasons in Texas

In case you have not smelled the smoke in awhile. Texas has introduced 3 new sales seasons.

Traditionally you were only allowed to buy consumer or Class C fireworks during June 24 till Midnight July 4th, and December 20th till Midnight on January 1st.

The new seasons are: Texas Independence Day (February 25 thru March 2), San Jacinto Day (April 16 thru April 21), and Memorial Day (basically 5 days leading up to Memorial Day).

Also there is a Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas event coming up May 20th-22nd in Caddo Mills Texas.

4 Likes

Hell yeah. Beats having to go to New Mexico to get them. Now if I can find a stand that’s open.

1 Like

Nelson’s Fireworks Tell him you are interested in becoming a PAT - Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas member and he will probably give you 20% off. Take him a good BBQ sandwich and he will probably give you something free.

I know Rex Nelson’s weaknesses :hamburger::pizza: and he knows mine. :smoking: :bomb:

2 Likes

I just usually make a road trip to visit dad in Missouri. You can buy all kinds of stuff up there that you can’t get here.

(insert evil grin here)

1 Like

@Raymond,
You don’t know me and Lampy well enough. We take that as a challenge. :smiling_imp:

I know Ken will make whatever he can’t get here… :smiley:

Me? I don’t have the experience and enjoy my fingers and my freedom too much!

2 Likes

Our events are registered with the State of Texas to pull a proper permit and insured.

But it is fun.

1 Like

Is that list like the ones that require you to put a sign on the front lawn and live a mile from any school?

Actually we do shoot Class B shells as part of our regular display. And to get a sign-off from the firemarshall and other AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) we have a number of setbacks from schools, churches and psychiatric facilities. As well as other explosive stuff like gasoline tank farms, pipelines.