New E-mail Address to report Break/Fix type issues for Laser Equipment

Effective Immediately - Please use the following e-mail address to report ANY hardware break/fix issues with any Laser Equipment:

[email protected]

The new Laser Support email address will be monitored by William (@william_petefish), Romeo (@Romeo_Espana), Luke (@lukeiamyourfather), Pearce (@PearceDunlap), and myself. Hardware issues will be reviewed; and, a new thread will be posted here on TALK, if needed.

All other non-tech support discussion should continue here on the TALK forums and/or the Laser Google Hangouts chat (please ask if you’d like to be added to our chat…).

Thanks, Y’all!
:smile:

2 Likes

This sounds like a great idea. You guys will stay on top of any issues. I primarily use the forum to get an update on any issues with the CNC Laser. Will you guys post status updates for those that do not know what is being emailed?

2 Likes

Hi Larry! :smile:

• With anything that is reported to us indicating the laser is “down” (where it is actually not usable at the time), we will post a locked thread here on TALK as well as put a note on the laser. Once the issue has been resolved, we will post a follow-up message on the same thread advising the laser is “up” and usable again.

• With anything that is reported to us indicating a “work-around” needs to be in place; but, the laser still functions, we will simply reply to the person reporting the issue as well as put a note on the laser with instructions on “how to” do the ‘work-around’. NOTE: If it’s an issue that we will be using a “work-around” for several days or more (waiting on parts to be shipped, etc…), we will also post a locked thread here on TALK.

NOTE: Please remember, we do have a Google Hangout (“chat”) for the Laser Committee. If you would like to be added to the Laser Committee Google Hangout to ask quick questions, etc… Please send us your preferred Google account e-mail address. The Laser hangout can get very busy at times, so you may wish to “mute” it. If you aren’t sure how, just ask us within the chat and we’ll walk you through it. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Lisa
:slight_smile:

Can you add me to the hangouts [email protected]

1 Like

@wesley910 ~ got ya added a bit ago… Thx! :slight_smile:

Cant you add me to the google hangout [email protected]

1 Like

@mikeglass ~ got ya added a lil earlier… Thx! :slight_smile:

Can you please add [email protected] to the google hangout?

1 Like

@Willindigo ~ you’ve been added… Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you fellow night owl.

1 Like

No problem… 'n yeah ~ there are a few of us night owls ~ w00t! :wink: :smile:

Have a good one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also… ALL ~ Don’t forget that Dallas Makerspace now has a ticket system to report all issues and requests… Please review this post for more info:
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/who-do-i-contact-for/5894?u=lisaselk

Thanks!
:slight_smile:

1 Like