New DMS Shirt Design Contest

It is time to come up with a new shirt design.

It should include the words “Dallas Makerspace” as part of the overall design. It should be a 1 color design.

I would like to see the Pegasus revisited. Or perhaps a robot. Or some other mythical maker beast ™.

This is NOT a logo redesign contest.

All entries become property of Dallas Makerspace.

Lets run the contest through March 31st. First prize receives $50.

Art work should be ready for printing onto shirts. No raw “concept designs” will be accepted.

I might create a display of the designs as they are submitted. Using something like the vinyl cutter or dye sublimation for proof of concept.

Submit ready designs to this thread.

PS - Still looking for artists who want to do a DMS hallway show.

2 Likes

Bumping this up. Love the idea!

What kind of art is considered?

Has to be wall art really. We have space in the hallways to host photography or artwork. Has to fit within 4 inches of the wall.

What do you have/do?

Regards,

Steve

Not understanding what this means.

Edit: I get it now, can not stick out from wall more than 4"

I’ve been meaning dig up a few old photos I took that I want to have printed to frame and put up at home.

I suspect he means cannot protrude from the wall more than 4 inches.
And, unless I am mistaken, though perhaps not stated in this particular thread, needs to be able to hang from the french cleat system, preferably with “invisible” monofilament.

1 Like

Just as an FYI for anyone who is wondering, this is why 4 inches is a set amount. I believe that we may be technically not required to follow ADA, but that doesn’t mean that we should strive for anything but full compliance.

4 Likes

Max weight?

1 Like

Weight from the French cleats, about 20 pounds. We have not load tested to failure as that seems a bit destructive.

During the 10x10 there was a pot that was about 7 pounds. It hung for several months without issue.

MUST use the French cleat system or Command Strips.

No holes are allowed through the walls. Patching and painting make the walls look like there was a drive by shooting. There is very little Excellent behavior with leaving the walls better than you found them.

1 Like

I have a design I was going to use for a 10x10 but never finished it.

Can it be just a computer file or are you wanting a screen ready to print?

Does it have to be already printed once as a proof of concept?

1 Like

Send it to me as a PM and let me look at it.

Thanks.

It is currently on paper and I need to know what direction to go with it.

I’ll show it to you in person.

Is there an update to this?