New DIY guide platform - allowing you to earn from every guide you publish

Hi everybody,
My name is Arkady and I am into carpentry and wood sculpting / carving and I’ve ran into some issues that I think we as makers from all categories have: our access to materials and tools and the lack of compensation for the effort we invest in our guides and content we post online.

I would like to introduce you to a new platform I’ve just launched: Creojam
that means to solve the issues above.

It’s a DIY guide platform and marketplace which connects makers and businesses that provide materials and tools with the unique feature of compensating the guide publishers.

The general purpose of the platform is to solve an issue that we as makers have when we want to create something new - we have a lot of guides online, but we don’t know how to get the materials and tools we actually need.
We solve this problem by creating a unified experience that includes a guide archive connected to the tools and materials makers need, thus allowing them to buy everything via trusted online stores.
As a publisher you get compensated when your fellow maker purchases something via a guide you published - this way you can both contribute to the maker community and earn something on the way.

I would very much like to hear your opinions and feedback as fellow makers about the site, the idea, the guide system, or whatever you want to ask, it’s easy and free to signup and post a guide so you have nothing to lose :slight_smile:
(wow didn’t mean it to be so long… so here’s the link again if you missed it before: https://www.creojam.com)
Thanks.

1 Like

I’m sorry…I missed it the second time too. What was that link again?

Sounds interesting… I see that Sculpteo has some tutorials (guides) posted, that’s kewl! Is there a way to see a list of Makers and companies who have posted guides - other than just browsing and clicking on the icons to see their profiles? Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Lisa :),
You have the list of all partner companies at the homepage (though it’s all of them there, not only the ones with guides), it’s a good idea - maybe we should create a page that will list all the publishers both companies and makers, I’ll definitely add this to our todo list :slight_smile:

1 Like

It helps if your first post isn’t spam. Just saying. Come by sometime and say hello. It’ll go a lot further.

I would love to come and visit but I am not from the US, we try to come in person to every makerspace we get in touch with but unfortunately it’s not always possible.
I am sorry if you thought the post was a bit too promotional but that was really a personal post I wrote specific to this community.
We did ask permission before posting this because we are aware this may seem spammy - but that’s just the nature of those things I guess, it’s hard to promote something without it looking as spam.
Bottom line I am really just asking for an honest feedback and your opinion as a maker.

1 Like

For the record, I can confirm that they did reach out to us on Facebook first, and I suggested that in addition to reaching out to PR and the Board about possible collaboration with Dallas Makerspace, that they consider posting a message here in the Off Topic category of our forum to let our members know about this new site ~ since it may be of interest to some…

Thank you for reaching out to Dallas Makerspace.

To discuss possible collaboration opportunities, I would suggest sending an email to the following: PR ([email protected]), Board of Directors ([email protected]), and our PR Committee Chairperson, Mell ([email protected]). Send a message to all three with the details so they are all on the same page with the discussions.

As far as the site in general… Can anyone sign up and submit the DYI guides? If so, you may want to consider posting about it on our Public TALK forums - under the “Off Topic” category. Here is a link to the TALK forum: https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/; and here is a direct link to the Off Topic category: https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/c/off-topic

Thanks again!
Lisa
:slight_smile:

I hope this helps clear up some of the questions why a Maker related resource is being shared with us. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing this up Lisa, we wanted to try out the forum first to see the general response…

1 Like

We had some visitors from France a few months back with a similiar product platform.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/we-had-some-cool-visitors-last-night-from-france/9394

1 Like

Fair enough. Good luck with your project. :+1:

2 Likes