New Class if interested - Monogram Split Letter Family Name File

I just put up a virtual class if you are interested for Thu Mar 11 at 7pm. The class will be to create the RDWorks file to create a Monogram Split Letter like the below using Google MEET. Once done you can go in and run the file at your leisure with whatever material you desire.

File Example:

Final Example after running:

Details on the class:
Events | Dallas Makerspace Calendar

2 Likes

I forgot your name Rich and was looking for how you hid the XX in the log :wink:

I want to install RD-Works on my home PC for this class but I haven’t used DMS lasers in a while…what version of RD-Works is currently installed for lasers? Does it matter (e.g. for compatibility) if versions are not the same between the two?

(there are still open seats if anyone is interested, FYI)

Thanks for attending, here are some notes from the class:

If you want to download RDWorks or Inkscape to your local computer:
RD Works exe file is located on the DMS drive at N:\laser\RDWorks v8 install file\rdworks v8.01.19\RDWorksV8

RDWorks - where to download it? - Laser - Dallas Makerspace Talk

Or here:

RDWorks 8.0 Download (Free) - RDWorks.exe (informer.com)

Inkscape I couldn’t find in DMS, but here is the link:

Inkscape 1.0.2 - Windows : 64-bit | Inkscape

Please note Inkscape is available on Remote Desktop, as is RD Works, but RD Works is not working. DMS is transitioning to Lightburn and that is also on the laser computers. RD Works is free, Lightburn had a license cost.

Once you download Inkscape I like to use this font, you would have to download this font for use in Inkscape to make the fancy letter.

Free Download Regal Font (Regal.ttf) - FontsAddict

Fancy Monogram Letter Class.pdf (476.0 KB)

The settings to run, and yours may vary, were scan setting using power 50% and speed of 500.

2 Likes

@marshallx4 @jmeinel documentation uploaded

2 Likes