New Calendar and Honorarium process

How do I find out if the minimum amount of people signed up for the class to be eligible for honorarium? I announce my events on Facebook as well and by word of mouth so many attendees would never know about this sign up process. I didn’t even know about it until right now.

I’m pretty sure my class from last night didn’t have enough signed up to get approval but I did have a good turnout for the class. Does this mean I’m out of luck? Also I changed the start time of my class, it was approved for honorarium but I wanted to add an hour so I had to cancel the approved class and recreate a new one but it was to late to request the honorarium, so does this mean I’m out of luck?

Also I got an email today that a class that teaches acrylic painting isn’t a class it is a workshop.
The definition seems to say a workshop can also be a class where people learn. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/workshop So the excuse in my mind is not a good one because it is confusing to me that teaching people how to paint and have fun is not acceptable for honorarium.

I sent a reply but never heard back. I’ve sent other email to admin but never get a response, did the contact email change?

It can often take me 6 to 7 hours just to set up and help run the acrylic painting class. Part of the honorarium is sent to Creative Arts for the paint supplies and the other goes to the teacher who often sends it to the charity that the event is part of. So for me this class is all work and very hard work at that and I never take any of the money into my own pocket. So it is frustrating to see that I can’t send money back to Creative Arts for helping me run this class with supplies and also pay a teacher, yeas a teacher, to teach and guide people on how to paint a picture. I’m baffled that this kind of acrylic class has always been approved in the past but is it now not acceptable.

I’m a little upset but am wanting to work with the system, I just need to know what the system is wanting.

[email protected] is correct, they will reply when they get a chance to.

The system right now is in a state of flux as the new process is being figured out. I’m not sure if we have a good set of guidelines, can someone start a wiki page on the process and requirements of using new calendar system?

The best way to do it is to create a link to the Dallas Makerspace page that has the sign-up so their email and class count shows up. It will also allow for payment processing if required.

Hope this helps. David Kessinger, Finance Committee

@uglyknees

1 Like

A few bugs, old and new:

1. I’m still unable to create classes; just a cryptic error to fix items in red with nothing actually in red. Extremely odd; I was able to create a class one time, never since.
    1a) When I look at hosted classes the one class I did host successfully doesn’t show up. This may not be a bug, it may be that the new list of events you hosted is only for future events.
  2. When I look at my attending events it shows an Aug 17 National Bench class which I enrolled in but later canceled days before the event. I don’t think it should be listed as a class I attended.

I’d be happy to participate in further testing on these and other issues.

Thanks.

If you goto your event you can see everyone who is registered for the event.

Be sure that you are logged in when you check your class attendance or it won’t show. I try to do a couple hours before class starts and print it for my records

Please send an email to admin

How do I view an event in the past?

Click on Calendar view (upper RH corner). Use the month scroll arrows if necessary.

P.S. If you are logged in, and use the “My Events” option, it should show all your events including those in the past (without the Calendar view option).

1 Like

Looks like you got your answer in the thread

Enhancement request: classes which are pending approval show up as “registration is closed” if you give someone the direct URL as a preview. It’d be great if this were changed to “class is pending approval”.

1 Like

Yes, it is worth clearing up the states a bit.

This has been submitted to the developer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remind me again, someone: How do I see past events? (In the case I want to copy the text from a prior training session to mine)

You go to the Calendar and log in. Then in the upper right you select My Account and then Hosting Events

You then get to see all events past, present, and future that you have hosted.

Ah, but this is an event that someone else hosted. Since it is a training class, it would be best that the text be the same. In the past, I’ve copied from the calendar. Now I can’t scroll back up to those past events.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/calendar

1 Like

sigh I just got done typing in my event request in the new system and when I pressed “submit”, I got “This request has been Black Holed”. Now I have to type it back in.

ARGHHH!

(edit: gcore to the rescue – was able to dump the firefox process and strings out the POST from the memory dump. The second submission worked!)

Okay, major geek points!

1 Like

That usually means you’re no longer logged in, so their session possibly ended while filling out the form (pretty sure we upped it to 30 minutes). Can you log back in and try…I see that is done. I went ahead and approved your event so its on the calendar already.