New cabinet and things moved (again)

Andrew left a nice wooden cabinet for JSM since it was in the way of the kiln and since
my class didnt make (only Sue came for it) We sort of played a while and then we decided to make use of it

I moved over my the long tool chest, and I place the bench shear on it (It is sideways because the handle
sticks out into the walk way. Fell free to turn it to use it if you want
The cabinet has some nice drawers
The top drawer now hold the box of texture items for the rolling mill and the the texture hammers
We now have four, since Kris donated one to us, and the stamsps and such

The third drawer is a little deeper so the disc cutter, and the teardrop cutter and the heavy and one
of the lighter brass hammers and some //bur life are in there

We have a Brother brand Label Maker at the DMS. Perhaps labeling the drawers would make finding tools and returning them to their proper home in Jewerly/Small Metals easier?

We stuck blue tape labels on them Kris offered to make one for the
bench shear --Soft metals only–NO steel

If the shear is that close to the walkway, I predict it won’t be a month before it’s been ruined.

It is sort of of, but the wall of tables sort of places it in JSM It is still on the side of
our area

Kris is making a large sign for it, Soft metal only NO STEEL and a gauge
limit of 18 Might want a sign that says Nrnch shear for steel in metal shop

I considered moving the long cabinet out and putting it between it and the jeweler s
bench but the handle would stick out and we would run into it a lot

I will say that I share your concern but this seemed to be best place for it, for now
but it was not very useful when it had to be places on a table all the time and at least
once I found it sitting on one of the common work tables. This should stop this and
ehrtr iy id id sn strs yhsy id on s vsmrts

I have noticed that folks rarely come into the JSM area from that direction They come
around from the Fired Arts area

If we stay in this spot long term we need to have an entrance like machine show does

1 Like