New Art Supplies in the Creative Arts Room

The creative arts room is still knee deep in transition. We are dealing with increasing class offering while balancing new supplies and storage solutions until the new furniture is built. With that in mind I appreciate everyones patience.

More and more is on it’s way. You should start seeing different types of classes offered on the calendar and with that new offerings of media in the room.

General Art Tools:
I’ve placed a nice storage set of tools for the vinyl cutter/weeding out tools on the desk- it’s our surprise roommate present to @PearceDunlap
A new set of mid-level general usage acrylic paints have come and I’ve donated the odds and ends of bottles that needed harsh solvents
A big fat gallon of delicious gesso
A couple of heat guns to dry projects
Xacto knives/blades in a container - please place back when you are done and use the self healing cutting mats on the wall
Aprons (next to the door)
On the way: Watercolor -brushes, frisket, palettes, misters, Hake Brushes, Mod Podge, Drawing Pencils, Desk Easels, Acrylic Brushes,

Fabrics:
Brother 1034D Serger which I’m currently making a video on how to thread the beast. It’s easy to use and has several abilities.
A class set of embroidery hoops
Rotary cutters
Actual Fabric Scissors (praise be!)

Jewelry:
All make and manner to start basic classes very soon everything is on it’s way.

Candles:
(soon to come) It’s not going to be “just” a candle making class - it’s going to be a candle “celebration” class @AlexRhodes

6 Likes

Yeah more embroidery hoops!

1 Like

are you trying to be silly?

1 Like

I suggest anyone caught using the fabric sissors for anything other than fabric be given the evil eye. We will withhold removing the curse until a donation is made to the kitty.

Re: la scoumoune, mal de ojo, malocchio…etc.

3 Likes

Finger Paints!

We need finger paints and to decorate the column with modern pictographs!

1 Like

Put the proposal up Walter we could make it happen. I have a deep appreciation for the ancients.

1 Like

Nicole, I was mostly being a little silly. I just like the idea of a bunch of creative types with finger paint on their hands walking around the space and ‘creating’… :smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations Again…

Ahh…sounds of my mother telling us kids, “Don’t use the fabric scissors on paper.” Fast forward…now I’m the one saying it my kid.

1 Like

What a man!

@Nathan_Jones

2 Likes

Serious Biz people. Serious.

1 Like

The main issue is just sharpening the scissors. Alex set up and taught me to sharpen the chisels, is sharpening scissors much different? Maybe we could have a sharpen scissors class.

Can I use the paper scissors on fabric?

My grandfather claimed you could sharpen scissors by cutting sandpaper.

But then, grandaddy claimed a lot of things…

2 Likes

Only if you don’t care how chewed your fabric will be! :laughing:

1 Like

it seems you can sharpen scissors with sandpaper. I do believe the grit matters.

also, aluminum foil helps.

My grandfather is a genius.

1 Like

Grit always matters. Just ask John Wayne.

1 Like