Neighbors! :blankspace:

Hope yours aren’t like this one. :slight_smile:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19105658_10155550213362845_4586950608986142746_n.jpg?oh=7368bc5cdff3963522d98a3e8a8cd96f&oe=59D88618

:smiling_imp:

For the love of logic, tell me that is a joke…

1 Like

What’s the problem? It is only a barbie gun…

“That’s not a Barbie gun…THAT’S a Barbie gun.”

Nah, that looks like a 7.62x39 caliber AK variant. May not be able to hit what you aimed it at, but whatever it does hit will know. A barbie gun is a .22 caliber pea shooter… Takes multiple hits to put down the zombies…

PS. The pink coloring is urban camouflage.

1 Like

I know jack about shooting stances, but my gut tells me of you use the model’s technique, whatever you hit will know about it juuuuuuust after you know you will need to put your arm back in its socket…

Bear in mind, that roughly 44% of all American homes have at least one firearm. The odds that anyone’s children will come in contact with a firearm outside the supervision of an adult are pretty high. Regardless of anyone’s personal views on the 2nd amendment, rationality says, parents are well advised to ensure their children are taught firearms safety by someone qualified to do it at the earliest age possible, to prevent accidents, and ensure children understand how dangerous they can be, and how not to handle one in an unsafe manner. While you may not have a gun in your house, chances are high, your children’s friends do.

Simply saying “run away”, ignores the reality with children - they love to explore things their parents forbid.

3 Likes

THIS… My son has known from a very early age what weapons can do. He’s been taught what to do from that early age and when he was old enough (8) he got his first BB/pellet rifle and learned how to handle it properly and safely. Once he proved he was able to do that he got a single shot 410/22 break open rifle. When he was 12 he got his first scoped .22 with a 10 round magazine. He’s been hunting with me and bagged a nice deer a few years back.

You have to teach children, If you forbid things then they build desire and curiosity around those things. That is bad when it comes to things that can injure, maim, or kill. They need to know how to load/unload, check to see if it’s loaded, safeties, trigger control and finger off trigger, muzzle control, looking beyond the target for background issues, and much more.

3 Likes

Eh, it’s 7.62x39, not .300WinMag in a bolt-action with half the mass…

2 Likes

I think he’s talking about the HOUSE right on the other side of the TARGET… Not about the teenager practicing shooting.

4 Likes

Haha! You know, you may be right! How did I miss that?

3 Likes

Looks more like a garage to me. And a car (or two) make a terrific backstop for a barbie gun.

2 Likes

My kids learned gun safety from an early age. At 10 I buy each of my kids their own 22 rifle. 8 they started going to the range. Probably 5-6 is when I really started teaching them gun safety.

4 Likes

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific, but at the time I was too dumbfounded and distracted by work to fully react to the picture. Yes, for the love of logic, tell me they are not supposing that the target and fence are going to be enough of a backstop to stop whatever caliber that may be from going into the neighbors yard. Be it that shed/garage, someone in the backyard wondering what that noise is, or sitting complacently in their kitchen completely unaware.

Rule 4 “Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.”

As an aside I have no issue with guns or teaching at young age. I use to teach gun safety at summer camp (.22), have owned a number of guns, currently debating getting back into them.

6 Likes

For what it’s worth as a sleuthing exercise, the fence doesn’t look shot up at all so…maybe it is just a pose for a camera shot for our Facebook/YouTube/Twitter driven society?

Quick, someone take a pic of my dinner and post it!

1 Like

Don’t worry. It’s not loaded.

$5 says it’s either an airsoft or BB gun.

2 Likes

Yep, betting airsoft is correct.

That’s what my initial thought was until I saw she’s wearing hearing protection and it’s being sent to AR 15 Nation. She either doesn’t need the hearing protection or that group would laugh him out of there for it being airsoft/BB. Don’t teach gun safety with a toy.

I don t own a gun, but I agree fully with Brian on teaching
kids about the, Telling them to just run away is just like
telling’them to not have sex ad it works abort as well With
the later you may end up with a child, with the first, you may
kill yourself or a friend

My mom told a story about one of her cousins, this was back in
the 20s. The dad was a deputy ad they came out to the farm for a
visit, He was tired ad he took his service gun and placed it on the
mantel and told all the kids to not touch it, It was his daughter that got it
down and she opened it and managed to drop the bullets in the fireplace
When they started going off, the kids hid behind the furniture and there were
bullet holes in some of it, Of course the last bullet didn t go off!

2 Likes